Retro Is The Way To Go For Sweet Wedding Favours
As wedding season is just around the corner and with venues, caterers and entertainment booked, couples will start turning their attention to the fun and frivolous favours!
From sweet shop paper bags used as favours, to a pick and mix table or vintage cart, sweets are versatile enough to fit into any theme, and are guaranteed to conjure up nostalgic memories in adults whilst keeping the kids quiet and content.
But if you are considering sweets as wedding favours, you will need to buy the sweets that everyone likes. You may love gummy fried eggs, but what are the favourites of your guests?
Sweet subscription company treats.co.uk (a bit like Graze but with sugary sweets coming through your letterbox instead of boring pine nuts) are often approached with huge orders by couples for their favours, so decided to conduct a survey to find the nations all – time favourite sweets. They conducted a survey with over 1000 UK residents aged between 18-65 – a good representation of adult guests at wedding. This is the first research of its type in a decade and here are the results!!
10. Cola Cubes – the retro cola cube will fit right in to a vintage theme!
9. Fruit Salads – these chewy delights are a must!
8. Baby Dolphins – I like to eat these 10 at a time!
7. Milk Bottles – a blast from the past!
6. Fizzy Cola Bottles – got to be quick to the candy cart with these about!
5. Fuzzy Peaches – one of my five a day!
4. Sour Cherries – sticking with the fizzy theme, sour cherries are a firm favourite!
3. Flying Saucers – a marmite choice
2. Giant Strawbs – it was a close one but Giant Strawbs fell short at the last hurdle!
1. Black Jacks – these sticky chews have beat stiff competition to come out as the nation’s favourite sweet of all time. Just remember and hide your tongue for the wedding photos! Your tongue will be black!!
Other retro sweets included in the top 15 were Parma Violets, Rainbow Drops and Refresher Chews.
We weren’t going to focus on the top 10 chocolate bars but it makes for some interesting reading;
1.Dairy Milk 2.Maltesers 3.Dime 4.Milky Bar 5.Twirl 6.Aero 7.Fruit and Nut 8.Crunchie 9. Snickers 10.Bounty
If you would like to order your sweets for your big day, please message Treats on their Facebook page or if you just have a sweet tooth and would like a weekly dose of sugar coming through your letterbox, sign up for a subscription here from just £2.49.